WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog.
WordPress.com: for no charge, WordPress.com provides web hosting, unlimited database storage, etc. Your address will be yourname.wordpress.com.
WordPress.org: it provides free blogging software that can be downloaded and installed in your web server (our web server is planethoster).
A blog is a discussion or informational site published on the internet and consisting of entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first).
Actualités: our main blog page that display all the entries/posts in chronological order.
In order to have your blog in a decent structure and ease your visitors’ navigation throughout your posts, you should categorize your posts.
Writing a Post
Creating a Gallery
Before uploading, resize the pictures to be 1000 pixels on the longest side.
Summary of Roles
- Super Admin – somebody with access to the site network administration features and all other features. See the Create a Network article.
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.
In WordPress, you can write either posts or pages. Pages are for content (About, Contact, etc) that is less time-dependent than Posts.
To add or modify pages, you have to have admin privileges.
Vie de la section